School Tennis Workshops
USTA’s School Tennis Workshops are intended for school PE teachers, coaches, and organizers responsible for implementing fitness programs in school and after-school settings.
• We come to you – 3 hour workshops take place at your school at a time that’s convenient for you.
• Workshops train PE teachers and coaches to develop a youth tennis program at your school.
• All necessary equipment is provided
• The training is free (The only cost is a $35 fee for a USTA Organizational School Membership).
• USTA provides a qualified school trainer to conduct the workshop.
• No courts required.
• No previous tennis experience necessary.
• Effectively offer PE with tennis sized right for age and ability.
• A minimum of 12 participants and 2 schools/sites are required.
All host School Tennis Workshop sites will receive the following FREE resources:
AFTER the workshop you will receive a tennis equipment package, consisting of the following:
• 30 youth racquets
• 2 dozen foam balls
• 2 dozen red felt balls
• 1 Eighteen foot pop-up net
PRIOR to the workshop you will receive:
• 1 USTA Backpack
• 1 USTA Physical Ed teacher’s Curriculum Kit
• 1 Quick-reference pocket guide
• 1 Instructional DVD/CD ROM
• 1 Tennis Skillastics Kit (a $225 value)\
• 1 Set of Tennis and Fitness laminated activity signs
• 1 Kids Tennis Club (KTC) Playbook
• 1 Kids Tennis Club Pocket Playbook
In addition to the packages mentioned above, USTA NorCal offers three Special Packages for just $100! ($400 value)
18 racquets, 3 dozen balls and one 18 ft. net.
PLUS a USTA representative specific to your area will help you with resources and information to continue growing tennis at your school or site.