Host an Orange Ball Tournament
Act Now! Free Orange Ball Tournament Kit!
Apply for an Orange Ball Sanction Tournament from October 1- December 31, 2012 and receive a FREE Orange Ball Tournament Kit.
- Orange Level tennis balls to host your tournament
- Medals for all players
- Sportsmanship awards
- TAUT Tournament Rule Tip Cards
- 100% Funding for blended lines painted at your facility
- No sanction fee (only $3 TennisLink fee)
- No player fee
- Assistance with TDM and scheduling
TOURNAMENT KIT FLYER
Apply for a Sanction Orange Ball Tournament Today!
As of June 1, 2012 USTA Northern California will be sanctioning Orange Ball tournaments for players under the age of 10. An Orange Ball Sanctioned Tournament is a great way for kids to enjoy the thrill of competition by getting on the court, playing a variety of styles and making new friends. All Orange Ball tournaments are co-ed.
Criteria for Hosting an Orange Ball Tournament:
- Tournament must be completed within 4 hours in one day
- Round Robin or Compass Draw must be used
- Short-sets and timed formats are used
- 60 ft. Courts – blended lines are preferred, but not required
- Entry Fee is $35 or below
How do I apply?
To apply or to find out more about Orange Ball sanctioned tournaments visit:
What if I don’t have 60ft. court lines painted?
You are not required to have blended lines at your facility, but it is preferred. Currently, there are USTA line grants
available that will cover 100% of the cost.
If you do not have blended lines you will need to tape your courts.
How can I found out more information about what a 60ft. court should look like?
To find out what a 60 ft. court looks like check out this video click here
Are there workshops about how to run an Orange Ball sanctioned tournament?
For more information or to register for the worksop Contact: 10 and Under Coordinator Summer Verhoeven at firstname.lastname@example.org