Welcome to the home of the USTA NorCal Jr. Team Tennis Sectional Championships!
Aug. 3rd - 5th 2012
2012 NorCal JTT Sectional Championships Information:
The player dinnner will be at
7pm 7:30 PM NOW on Friday Aug. 3rd at Sierra Sport and Racquet Club on W. Alluvial. It is open to players, coaches and parents.
Automatic League Qualifiers
Teams who qualify in their local leagues will need to register for the upcoming Sectional Championships no later than July 29th at 11:59pm. Your Area League Coordinator will let you know if you received an automatic berth in the Sectional Championships.
To reserve your spot in the tournament, please email Darren Wenger - firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name, age division and level (intermediate or advanced).
Upon receipt of your reservation email, eligible player rosters will be emailed to each coach based on TennisLink results. A player is only eligible to play Sectionals if they played 2 local team matches (one may be a default) and have those results recorded and verified in TennisLink. Team fees will be determined based on roster size, the per player tournament fee is $10.
There will be no exceptions made for teams registering after Aug. 1st.
For those teams that did not receive an automatic berth from their local leagues, there is the opportunity to receive a wildcard into the Sectional Championships.
If you would like to apply for a tournament wildcard, please complete the wildcard application form below. Wildcard applications are due by July 29th at 11:59pm.
A handful of spots will be available for teams not granted an automatic berth. Wildcard allotments will be based on draw size and number of team withdrawals. Many factors will be used in determining wildcard acceptance including but not limited to, order of submission, TennisLink usage, Area League Coordinator recommendations, size of local league and win / loss record.
Please send your wildcard application and a refundable $100 team deposit by check made out to USTA NorCal with your application to:
USTA Northern California
Attn: Darren Wenger
1920 North Loop Rd
Alameda, CA 94502
Or you may fax your application to (510) 748-7377.
Wildcards are not guaranteed and will be determined by the tournament committee. You will be notified of your wildcard status no later than Monday, July 30th.
USTA Northern California is excited to offer discounted rates at a number of Hotels in the Fresno area. Please mention USTA when making your reservation in order to secure our rate. The rooms are offered on a first come first serve basis, so please book early!
A list of hotels offering discounted USTA rates can be found here - Hotel Accommodation List
This year, the USTA NorCal has partnered with the local Fresno area clubs to help host the upcoming championships. Below you will find a list of host sites.
Main Tournament Desk
• Sierra Sport and Racquet - Map
• Copper River Country Club - Map
• Fig Garden Swim and Racquet - Map
• Sunnyside Health and Tennis Club – Map
• Sunnyside High School – Map
• Clovis North HS and Granite Intermediate MS - Map
Tournament draws will be posted online no later than Aug. 1st. Matches will not begin prior to 12pm on August 3rd.
Tournament Format - Coed Division
- Team matches will consist of 2 singles (1 Boys and 1 Girls), 2 doubles (1 Boys and 1 Girls) and 1 mixed doubles match.
- Team match winners will be determined by total of overall games won.
- Each player may not play more than two individual matches per team match. In no event may one player play in three individual matches.
- All round robin matches will be 8 game pro sets with No-Ad scoring and a tiebreaker at 8 games all.
- The Final match and 3r/4th place playoff will be using USTA JTT National scoring format which is best 2 out of 3 six game short sets with No-Ad scoring and tiebreaker at 5 games all. A match tiebreaker will be played in lieu of the 3rd set and the winner of the tiebreaker will win the set 1-0.
Tournament Format - Same Gender Division
- Team matches will consist of 6 singles matches and 3 doubles matches
- Doubles matches will be played prior to singles matches.
- Team match winners will be determined by overall individual matches won.
- Singles players can play doubles as well.
- Scoring format:
- Singles matches will play best 2 out of 3 tiebreak sets, no ad scoring, with a 10 point match tie-breaker in lieu of a 3rd set
- Doubles matches will play 8 game proset, no ad scoring, with a match tiebreak at 8 games all.
Individual awards will be given to the teams that finish the tournament as champions, finalists and consolation winners in all divisions. Winning teams will also receive a team championship plaque. Awards will be presented at the end of each Finals match.