The ACES will be presented on Friday evening, February 3rd, 2012 at Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery in Pleasanton. Please join us in supporting and congratulating the wonderful inividuals listed below who will accept their awards at the ACES!
USTA Northern California is proud to honor those that work to promote and develop the game of tennis. For this purpose the ACES (Awards Celebrating Excellence in Service) have been developed. ACES are presented in several categories and celebrate our players, program participants, volunteers and organizations for their continued commitment and service to tennis.
Friday, February 3rd, 2012
6:30 pm - 7:15 pm Cocktail Reception
7:30 pm - 9:30 Dinner and Awards Presentation
Ticket price: $70.00
Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery
410 Vineyard Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
- This is a semi-formal event. Cocktail dresses or dressy pant suits for the ladies, and jackets and ties for the gentlemen are required.
- Tables can seat a maximum of 10 people. While it can't be guaranteed, you may request to be seated with or near other guests when making your ticket purchase.
- Tickets are $70.00 and available for purchase online now.
- If you have questions or need assistance, please email email@example.com or call 510-748-7373.
The Diversity ACES:
- Michael Clark, Service Award for Outstanding outreach to the multicultural tennis community.
- Craig Pasqua, Trailblazer Award for lifelong and groundbreaking service in bringing tennis to and growing the sport in both traditional and non-traditional communities.
- Loke Davis, Leadership Award for superior coaching, mentoring and serving as a role model to others through their work in the field of tennis, and in so doing, encouraging others to play.
- Dave Higaki, Icon Award for distinguished leadership at both the local and national level and through that effort, promoting the sport of tennis to others.
The Community Tennis ACES:
- Charles Fager, Outstanding Community Tennis Volunteer
- Roseland Youth and Family, Outstanding Community Tennis Association, Organization, park and recreation association, community group or school.
The Service to Tennis ACES:
- Sada Chidambaram, Community Volunteer of the Year
- Break the Barriers, Inc., Member Organization of the Year
- Bill Weber, Warren Brown Service to Junior Tennis Award
- Don Jacobus, Lifetime Achievement Award
- Nigel Pugh, Fred A. Earle Jr. Teaching Professional Award
- Andrea Norman, President's Award
- Andrew Christensen Ball, Bill Talbert Junior Sportsmanship Award
The Wheelchair ACES:
- Fabian Acosta, Most Improved Wheelchair Player
- Tracey Milne, Outstanding Wheelchair Tennis Volunteer
- Tiburon Peninsula Tennis Club, Outstanding Organization
- Johnny Rios, Ned Mansfield Memorial Award and Scholarship, Awarded for outstanding character and sportsmanship
The Adult Tournament ACES:
- Scott Krueger, Adult Tournament Director of the Year
- Vince Russo, Adult Tournament Director of the Year
- Alfie Fujitani EldridgeAdult Tournament Referee of the Year
- Bill Johnston, Adult Tournament Volunteer of the Year
- Tahoe Donner First Annual Senior Tournament, Most Outstanding Senior Tournament
- $3,000 First Republic Los Gatos Men's Open, Most Outstanding Open Tournament
- The Third Annual Pam Krone Memorial NTRP Tournament, Most Outstanding NTRP Tournament
The League ACES include:
- Peter Rugh, Service to Leagues, Awarded to an individual whose volunteer work within the organization has long supported league competition and resulted in and improved league play. Established in 2004, this award honors and individual’s high level of involvement, cooperation and contribution on a section or national USTA level.
Leslie Johnson, League Volunteer of the Year, Awarded in recognition of an individual whose contribution of time and volunteerism has enhanced the NorCal Section's USTA league tennis programs during the past year.
- Paula Cunningham, Area League Coordinator of the Year, Awarded for exemplary volunteer service to Leagues as a liaison between the NorCal League staff and the local tennis community.
- ClubSport Valley Vista, League Facility of the Year, Awarded to a club or facility that provides outstanding hospitality to our members at District and Section Championship events.
- Captains of the Year for each of the 17 league areas are nominated by their fellow captains.
||Defiebre, Ken S
2011 National Championship Teams
- Stanford Taube W4.5
- Gold River Racquet Club Senior M3.0
- Roseville CTA/Maheny Park Mixed 6.0